1. Reference resources (print & online).
2. Course reserves - materials set aside for a particular class and given a limited circulation period.
3. Books about music ("ML" = "Music Literature" and "MT" = "Music Theory & Pedagogy").
4. Scores ("M"):
Mini-scores - for study purposes
Full scores - for study or conducting
Scores & parts - for chamber music
Piano reductions - of ballets, symphonies
Piano-vocal scores - reductions of operas, oratorios, cantatas
Vocal scores - for solo voice or voice with piano accompaniment
5. Audio recordings:
Vinyl recordings = 33 1/3 LPs
Streaming audio (from Naxos Music Library and OhioLINK Music Center)
6. Visual materials:
7. Online Commercial Databases, such as:
Academic Search Complete
Grove Music Online
Naxos Music Library
RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
WorldCat - WorldCat is really an online union [library] catalog. It provides information on the holdings of thousands of libraries around the world! Use WorldCat to find materials not available via Maag Library or OhioLINK!
Now I know what's here, but ... WHERE can I find these things?
1. Reference -
Print materials: Maag Library, Reference Dept. (main floor) and Multimedia Center (3rd floor)
Online databases / resources: Maag Library Web Page (maag.ysu.edu)
2. Reserves - Be sure you know the course name, title, and type of reserve item you seek!
Print - ask at the Maag Circulation Desk
Media - ask in the Multimedia Center
Online - Go to the Maag Library Web Page (maag.ysu.edu)
3. Books about music ("ML" and "MT") - Maag Library, 3rd floor
4. Scores ("M")
Mini-scores - after the Oversize Scores and before the regular size scores
Full scores - Oversize and regular size are on the 3rd floor, right outside the MMC
Scores & parts - same as above (by LC call number)
Piano reductions - "
Piano-vocal scores - "
Vocal scores - "
5. Audio recordings -
Compact discs - Maag Library Multimedia Center, ask for them by CD number
Vinyl recordings - Maag Library Multimedia Center, ask for them by call number
Streaming audio (from Naxos Music Library or OhioLINK Music Center) -
go to Library Webpage, under "QuickLinks" - "Research Databases" - "by Type" - "Digital Media"
6. Visual materials - Maag Library Multimedia Center, ask for them by call number