Maag Quick Links
Searches primarily print resources located in the Wilcox CRC or Maag Library!
Searches primarily print resources available in other Ohio academic libraries!
Look here for electronic journal articles!
See if your instructor has placed course materials on physical or electronic reserve in Maag or the CRC!
See what items you have checked out, fines, due dates, renewals, if OhioLINK materials have arrived, and more!
If you can't find a book in MaagNET or OhioLINK, or you can't find an article full text, just order it!
Come and see us!
There are a variety of electronic databases available through the 'OhioLINK Databases' on the Maag homepage. Below are the three most important databases to search for articles in the field of education.
Education Full Text (EBSCO Interface)
- Comprehensive coverage of an international range of English-language periodicals, monographs and yearbooks
- 79 journals (37 with full text)
- Includes up-to-date subject headings
Education Research Complete
- Bibliographic and full text database covering scholarly research and information relating to all areas of education
- Topics include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education, as well as areas of curriculum instruction, administration, policy, funding and related social issues
- Indexing and abstracts for more than 1500 journals (750 full text)
- Includes full text for more than 100 books and monographs
ERIC (EBSCO Interface)
- Indexes education-related literature, beginning in 1966
- Contains abstracts of documents and journal articles on education research and practice
Database Search Tips
Having trouble getting into the databases from off campus?
- When accessing databases from off-campus, instead of clicking on the database title, click the off-campus url link next to the database title. You will need your YSU ID#.
Can't find the full text?
- If you don't see the PDF of an article, use the ILL Journal Article Online Request Form to order it.
Want to search ERIC, Education Research Complete, and Education Full Text at the same time?
- After you choose one of the databases to search, you will see the name of the database you selected at the top of the screen. Next to it, click 'Choose Databases".
- Choose the databases you want to search, and then click OK.
- Now you will see the words 'Show All' next to the title of the first database you chose. This tells you that you are searching multiple databases at once.
Want to save your results to look at later?
- EBSCO gives you the option to create a folder to organize your articles.
- If you find an article you want to review, click on 'Add to Folder'. If you are in the results page, the link will be underneath the article. If you have already clicked on the article title, the folder link will be under 'Tools' on the right side of the screen.
- Place as many items in your folder as you want, and then click on the Folder icon on the blue bar at the top of the screen.
- You can email yourself this list, or if you want your folder to be available from another computer at another time, then create a free EBSCO login.
- Click on 'Sign In' and then 'Create a New Account'. You can choose any username and password and then your folder is always available.