Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
TUTORIAL: FINDING BOOKS IN MAAGNET
Not sure where to start? Search Everything simultaneously searches MaagNET, the OhioLINK Library Catalog, and most of the research databases for books, articles, ebooks, government documents, theses & dissertations, etc.
Visit the Maag Library Home Page, click on the "Search Everything" tab, enter your keywords, and Search.
Use the left sidebar to refine and limit your results.
HOW TO FIND BOOKS IN MAAGNET
Use MaagNET, the library catalog, to locate materials in Maag Library:
- Search by Author, Title, or Keyword.
- Click on a title to access the record for an item.
- Print items:
- Location tells you where an item is located in the library. See below.
- Materials are shelved alphabetically by Call Number using Library of Congress Classification. Use the Building Guide to find the floor on which your item is located.
- Check the Status. Check Shelves means it is available for checkout.
- Electronic items may be accessed within the record. When off campus, you may need to authenticate using your name and YSU ID#.
Locations Listed in MaagNET:
- Maag Stacks items are located on floors 3-6A.
- Oversize items are located on the first bank(s) of shelves on each floor.
- Reserves are available at the Circulation Desk on the main floor.
- Reference & Ready Reference items are located in the Reference Room on the main floor.
- Microforms, Multimedia & Music materials on located on floor 3.
- Archives & Special Collections materials are located on floor 5
- Government Documents & Bound Journals are located on floor 6.
- CRC materials are located in the Curriculum Resource Center in Beeghly Hall.