Skip to Main Content
- Identify the important concepts and main ideas for your topic.
- It may help to put your topic in the form of a research question.
- Think of synonyms for each important concept or main idea.
- Begin your search and add or modify keywords as necessary.
- The more you read and learn about your topic, the easier it will be to come up with relevant keywords.
- Use quotation marks to search for phrases.
- Use Boolean Operators (AND or OR) to target your search.
- Truncation: Add an asterisk (*) at the end of a root term to search for all possible variations.
TUTORIAL: SELECTING KEYWORDS
TUTORIAL: PHRASE SEARCHING & NESTING
TUTORIAL: BOOLEAN OPERATORS